Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: music video

  1. #1
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    here's a music video i directed and edited. it has nothing to do with super-8 but i thought you might want to see it anyway. it was shot during one day on a one chip dv camera and edited, composited and color corrected on an imac with final cut pro. we had borrowed three redheads and a wheelchair style dolly, and the total budget was $200, which went to dv tapes, gas, beer and pizza. sorry if it looks too dark and too green on windows, or too bright on mac. this was the best i could do that looks at least ok on all platforms. the rather extreme color scheme i use isn't very forgiving when it comes to differences in gamma and such. anyway, have fun.
    http://www.d.kth.se/~d92-mas/leon/

    /matt

  2. #2
    S 8 Booster
    Guest S 8 Booster's Avatar

    Post

    Kinda excellent, kinda rock steady. No jitter there!



    ------------------
    Vidar

  3. #3
    mcflytrap
    Guest mcflytrap's Avatar

    Post

    My computer won't let me view it...but I was curious as to what it looked like. When I get home, I may download (on my lovely dial-up)...

    -mcfly-

    ------------------

  4. #4
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    you need quicktime 5, but that's it. good luck.

    /matt

  5. #5
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    c'mon people. i want feedback! a simple "great" or "it sucks" will do... ;-)

    /matt

  6. #6
    mcflytrap
    Guest mcflytrap's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattias:
    you need quicktime 5, but that's it. good luck.

    /matt
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Eh, my comp at work won't let me download Quicktime...but when I get my new one at home I'll be able to do anything!

    -mcfly-

    ------------------

  7. #7
    super paulus
    Guest super paulus's Avatar
    Ok Mattias,

    I liked the first few shots a lot..it looked promessing..my firts reaction to the first shots was "wow.. this looks good.." after that you coontinued filming a quite conventional..the shots and editing..also the idea of the singer falling in love with the girl in the audience I have seen before quite some times (the girl was great!!). I also found the introduction of the girl and the audience quite sudden..I think there should have been a build up or some slow introduction of the audience here to build up the tension.
    So the beginning with the car and the light flashing was very good I think, after that I became bored a bit and stopped watching..not enough surprises I think.
    I appreciate that you send this film to this board to watch..nice if we can have more non technical items discussed as well.

    editing was good..only the content and concept/idea wasn't, to my (honest) opinion.


    Didn't like the music..to sweet..no guts..



    ------------------

  8. #8
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    thanks a lot for the feedback. yeah, it's supposed to be a bit cliche, since that helps to sell it as a "professional product". i tried to provide a nice twist to the usual story though. didn't you get to the ending? the story actually evolves quite a bit.

    as for the sudden stuff, it's actually a story element, even though it might not be that obvious. the idea is that a lot builds from nothing, rather quickly, from the concert to the audience showing up to the love story, and then it all disappears rather quickly too at the end -- a metafor for how shallow the love for a singer in a band usually is. and then the final point: her boyfriend is still there, and always will be. see, i did think further than you thought i did? :-) the story is actually connected to the lyrics of the song as well, but it took me ages before i could really see that, and i'm the guy who wrote the script... ;-)

    more feedback? this is what i feed on...


    /matt

  9. #9
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar
    From what I've seen of the first ten seconds it looks fun. Unfortunately, the first ten seconds seems to be all I can play before it locks up my computer. Tried three times. Tired of rebooting. smile

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  10. #10
    clandon
    Guest clandon's Avatar

    Post

    Would of liked to see your video and even tried. But, the 20MB file quickly, err, slowly overwhelmed my dial up connection.

    CL

    ------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •